Lake Tahoe, the jewel of the Sierra mountains, is a large freshwater lake cherished by locals and visitors of the Tahoe Truckee area. In addition to its stunning scenic prowess, it is also a tourist attraction and host to a variety of recreational opportunities. Check out our video of some of the area's activities.
The lake itself is approximately 22 miles long by 12 miles wide and 1,645 feet deep, making it the largest alpine lake and second deepest lake in the United States. There are a variety of towns and neighborhoods around the shores of Lake Tahoe, each with their own attributes and features.
- Sailing, boating
- Wake-boarding, wake-surfing, water-skiing
- Kite surfing, wind surfing
- Kayaking, SUP (stand up paddle board)
- Road biking, mountain biking,
- Rock climbing, bouldering
- Downhill skiing, Backcountry Skiing, Snowboarding
- Snow shoeing, Nordic Skiing
- Ice Skating, Sledding, Tubing